
Adidas Barricade has been long time in the market and has gained a solid reputation of being very good because they have great durability and feet support. But let's review main characteristics expected from these tennis shoes:
1. Comfort. UNANIMOUS opinion: These tennis shoes NEED a break in period that varies according user. Initially Barricade 6.0 feel very stiff, but as sneakers are wear for 2 - 6 weeks they become more flexible. So, don't let them fool you at the very first use, be patient and give these shoes a period of time to adapt. AFTER the break in period they become very comfortable. Rating: 4,3/5
2. Weight: Barricade 6.0 sneakers are heavy (15,8 oz.). Although Adidas has tried to lessen shoes weight, these feel heavy, even more for recreational players. Rating: 3/5
Warning: Not because several professional players use one specific tennis shoes reference/brand, means that it guarantees that them are the proper tennis shoes for you.
3. Stability: Superb, I think this is outstanding and justifies weight of these shoes. Rating: 4,6/5
4. Traction: Very good, although my opinion is that traction is just above the average of best tennis shoes in the market. Rating: 4,0 /5.
5. Durability: No doubt, long lasting tennis shoes. Probably you will get bored before them show any damage. They come with a 6 months outsole limited warranty. Rating: 5/5.
6. Ventilation: It is good for the shoe design. Not outstanding but you won't feel your feet hot. Rating: 3,9/5
7. Price: Above other similar options and of course you pay for the brand, Rating: 3,8/5
8. Appearance: Awesome. These sneakers are available for men, women and juniors in various colors. Besides, if you want yours customized visit "miadidas" web site and design them as you want. Rating 4,9 /5. You can find similar here in amazon: adidas Men's Barricade 6.0 Tennis Shoe
9. Sizes: I use 9,5 and these fit me ok, BUT beware with width because there are some complains and for players with width foot must test carefully.
I think these are amazing tennis shoes for the advanced, semipro or pro tennis player. Tennis instructors will love them because besides comfort, durability makes them a bargain.
I rate Barricade with 5 stars considering them outstanding for advanced players; for us, mortal recreational players, rating would be 4 stars because weight and initial break in make feet soar.
P.S: I am an intermediate-advanced tennis player (NTRP 4,0 - 4,5 level*); I have been playing tennis for 3 decades and besides I love this sport, I like technical aspects about racquets, strings, tennis shoes and tennis accessories. Nowadays I am playing 80% of my time on clay surface and 20% on hard courts. I play about 8 - 10 hours a week (2-3 hours x 3-4 times a week).
*If you want to know your tennis level visit: National Tennis Rating Program at the USTA web site.
Would be great if you vote reviews... Thank you!
1. Comfort. UNANIMOUS opinion: These tennis shoes NEED a break in period that varies according user. Initially Barricade 6.0 feel very stiff, but as sneakers are wear for 2 - 6 weeks they become more flexible. So, don't let them fool you at the very first use, be patient and give these shoes a period of time to adapt. AFTER the break in period they become very comfortable. Rating: 4,3/5
2. Weight: Barricade 6.0 sneakers are heavy (15,8 oz.). Although Adidas has tried to lessen shoes weight, these feel heavy, even more for recreational players. Rating: 3/5
Warning: Not because several professional players use one specific tennis shoes reference/brand, means that it guarantees that them are the proper tennis shoes for you.
3. Stability: Superb, I think this is outstanding and justifies weight of these shoes. Rating: 4,6/5
4. Traction: Very good, although my opinion is that traction is just above the average of best tennis shoes in the market. Rating: 4,0 /5.
5. Durability: No doubt, long lasting tennis shoes. Probably you will get bored before them show any damage. They come with a 6 months outsole limited warranty. Rating: 5/5.
6. Ventilation: It is good for the shoe design. Not outstanding but you won't feel your feet hot. Rating: 3,9/5
7. Price: Above other similar options and of course you pay for the brand, Rating: 3,8/5
8. Appearance: Awesome. These sneakers are available for men, women and juniors in various colors. Besides, if you want yours customized visit "miadidas" web site and design them as you want. Rating 4,9 /5. You can find similar here in amazon: adidas Men's Barricade 6.0 Tennis Shoe
9. Sizes: I use 9,5 and these fit me ok, BUT beware with width because there are some complains and for players with width foot must test carefully.
I think these are amazing tennis shoes for the advanced, semipro or pro tennis player. Tennis instructors will love them because besides comfort, durability makes them a bargain.
I rate Barricade with 5 stars considering them outstanding for advanced players; for us, mortal recreational players, rating would be 4 stars because weight and initial break in make feet soar.
P.S: I am an intermediate-advanced tennis player (NTRP 4,0 - 4,5 level*); I have been playing tennis for 3 decades and besides I love this sport, I like technical aspects about racquets, strings, tennis shoes and tennis accessories. Nowadays I am playing 80% of my time on clay surface and 20% on hard courts. I play about 8 - 10 hours a week (2-3 hours x 3-4 times a week).
*If you want to know your tennis level visit: National Tennis Rating Program at the USTA web site.
Would be great if you vote reviews... Thank you!

No comments:
Post a Comment