Thursday, March 28, 2013

Prince MV4 Men's Shoe

Prince MV4 Mens Shoe
I play squash since 9 years, three times a week or more. After trying many many shoes I ended up with Prince NFS indoor that I played since a couple of years now. I first played the red ones (about five pairs) and then the yellow ones (2 or 3 pairs). I love them. When I heard, Prince had a new type called the MV4 I was not sceptical to try them since I know the good thing about Prince is they never really change the bottom plate. Besides I love how the MV4 look.

Today I played them and I tore my ligaments. Although I am aware of the fact this can happen anytime when you play squash I think it is caused by the shape of the shoe and I want to explain why I think this is.

The difference between a running shoe and an indoor shoe is most importantly the shape of of the bottom plate if you look at it from behind. Running shoes have a sharp edge. Should you ever cross that edge your ankles are gone, but you won't because you move only in one direction and that'll give you a good stability for running.

For indoor shoes the edge has to be round, so that when you twist or sprain or whatever, you'll feel it and you'll take off weight from your foot before you get injured.

Now take the MV4 and look at it from behind. It is shaped exactly like a running shoe. Even though the edges are round, the heels are hard, high and the angle of the edges won't allow a correction of a false movement.

So even though generally I had a very good feeling as long as I played I am not going to use them any more for obvious reasons and I cannot recommend them for anyone to play squash with because I think they are dangerous.

However I do understand if people like them. The look nice, have a good cushioning and somehow felt good.

Prince MV4 Mens Shoe


Features

    No comments:

    Post a Comment